Accounting Technology: Tools of the Trade
By knowing that accounting technology is a cornerstone of our firm, and that accessibility to our clients is crucial to the personal relationships we maintain, we assure success for our business and peace of mind for our clients.
We understand the necessity of using tools that keep us ahead of the game. Everything from programs that allow us to work in real time with our clients, apps that allow us and our clients to track mileage, income, and expenses, to complete cloud tools and enhanced security procedures, provide our clients and our business with a safe, efficient environment.
Cloud Based Solutions
We’ve made collaboration between CPA, accountant and our clients easier, safer and more convenient with our complete cloud solution that offers us the ability to work anytime, anywhere on any device.
QuickBooks Online (QBO) offers real time collaboration between accounting firms and clients, automation, syncing, and time saving features. QBO offers flexibility by allowing both the client and the firm to have access to the QB file at any time, allowing for closer monitoring of clients’ accounts and the availability for the firm to work for the client at any given time.
Scheduling programs are also a valuable tool for firms to employ. Programs such as Google Calendar and Outlook are just the beginning. For more in-depth scheduling, programs such as Doodle, Calendly, and HubSpot Meetings allow your clients and colleagues to book meetings through a link that is then shared via email. When the meeting is scheduled, it is automatically added to your calendar.
Apps are becoming a mainstay in the world and they absolutely bleed over to accounting firms. Apps such as:
- Dropbox allows for easy file sharing and storage.
- HelloSign helps you sign documents securely from your mobile device.
- TSheets allows tracking of employee’s hours, manage employees, and approve paid time off, vacation time, and timesheets all from mobile phone.
- QuickBooks Mile Tracking integrates with QuickBooks, determines start and stop locations, and uses no excess battery.
- MileIQ allows clients and firms to track mileage with a swipe of their finger.
- Invoice 2Go allows small businesses to create and send professional invoices from any device.
- Shoeboxed allows users to snap a picture of receipts then extract the vendor, total amount, payment method and date.
Accounting Technology: The Bottom Line
We consider accounting technology a valuable, necessary resource and use it to the advantage of our clients and our firm. If you have questions about using technology to collaborate with us, call us at 479-478-6831 and we’ll talk about it.
The Technology and Personal Touch in Finances